EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR
• Oversee ALT’s educational programs, including after school, spring break and summer camps, education outreach, summer season, satellite programs and internships. Position reports to the Executive Director.;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement education curriculum and policies. Develop what classes ALT offers, and in collaboration with Teaching Artists develop guidelines for classes. Project Management including meeting deadlines and staying within allocated budget.
• Act as lead Teaching Artist including mentoring other faculty.
• Coordinate with day-to-day administrative needs of the program, including talking to parents to assist with class selection, house managing first day/last day classes and camps.
• Act as on site supervisor in absence of Executive Director.
• Assist with Education Programs marketing needs.
• Develop and facilitate program partnerships for Education Outreach.
• Respond to requests for information, project proposals, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support ALT's mission.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Detail oriented with excellent project management and project budgeting.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities and workgroups including outside educational institutions and youth of all ages.
• Ability to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity.
• The ability to develop and assess theatre education curriculum and concepts.
• Knowledge of developmental and education theory and the ways in which it interacts with theatre.
• Teaching Artists experience.
Salary & Schedule:
Educational Program Director is a part-time, salaried position of 20 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience. Evenings and weekends will be required depending upon program schedule.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following via email to Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and Education Director in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references
Arts Live Theatre is committed to diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment decision on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. We do require a full background check for all of our employees.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Arts Live Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.